HOW DOES IT WORK?
- First we will be expecting your e-mail. You can choose one of the offers on our website or go to Customized Routes section and tell us the dates of your planned pilgrimage, how many pilgrims there will be travelling with you and where you would like to start.
- Within 48 hours we will send you a proposal with suggested stops, distances between them, category of the accommodation and prices (approximated total cost). If you don’t like the plan, we will keep changing it until it meets your expectations. Once you accept it, we will ask you for a €100 deposit and when the deposit arrives on our account, we will start the bookings.
- When the bookings are finished – it should take up to 3/4 days from the date of the deposit’s arrival or 1 week for bigger groups (more than 12 pilgrims walking together) – we will send you the information about the details of your bookings (names, addresses, contact details) and the invoice with the exact final price. We will give you detailed prices for each one of the hotels / guest houses and our fee, so you can know what you are really paying for. There are no hidden costs in Camino Travel Center.
- Once you receive and accept your pilgrimage plan, we will ask for payment of the rest of the price (the €100 deposit will be discounted from the total price). You will be able to choose between the PayPal or bank transfer.
- Once the payment is received, we will send you a complete printable documentation for your trip with the instructions of how to use it.
WHY SHOULD I BOOK ROOMS IN ADVANCE?
It is recommendable to book your accommodation ahead of time, for example 4-6 weeks before your arrival to Spain, especially if you are thinking of walking the last stages of the Camino Francés. Our experience of the Holy Year 2010 has shown us that the availability of beds both in public albergues and in private guest houses was very limited. The critical period was May to October.
AFTER ARRIVING TO SANTIAGO… WHAT CAN I DO?
If you enjoyed your pilgrimage and you feel like getting to know better the city of Santiago or other parts of Galicia, the Camino Travel Center in collaboration with the Rent a Guide SCQ company invites you to rent a personal guide and to get to know Santiago in customized and unconventional way. Just go to http://rentaguidescq.es/ to check the best ways to visit Santiago and surroundings.
WHERE CAN I FIND A GOOD AMOUNT OF PRACTICAL ADVICE FOR PILGRIMS?
For English-speaking pilgrims there is no better place than the international forum, where past pilgrims share and future pilgrims learn: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/.
The Confraternity of Saint James provides as well very professional information for pilgrims: http://www.csj.org.uk/faqs.htm
You may also find some useful tips and opinions, especially for the last stages of the Camino, on the official website of the Xacobeo organization: http://camino.xacobeo.es/en.